Thursday 11 May 2017

FMP: Drawing as Performing

I had a whack at the drawing as performance process following on from my tutorial with Matt, but considering the short time I have left to produce a final outcome, there was added pressure coming from all directions.

So I put on some upbeat music and really tried to engage with my drawing process, paying attention to line and energy throughout. I had a go at Anne Franks house in this exercise, but I just couldn't see myself getting to a stage where I was happy with the outcome.




The drawings themselves display a great deal of character, but I just feel that they aren't enough for a final outcome.

I feel a little disappointed that I didn't have more time to experiment with this technique, as I feel it could have been more beneficial in the earlier stages of my project. But I'm pleased that I tried it out, and am confident that I can apply it to my practice in the future. For now, with time running out, I think I'm going to have to play to my strengths and get the old watercolours out!

No comments:

Post a Comment