Wednesday 10 May 2017

FMP: Cheese, More Bikes, and a Matt Chat

I had a tutorial with Matt this morning, and as always, it was very helpful.

What he thought were my good points about the project so far:

  • Energy in the lines, especially the bikes
  • Expressiveness
  • Content, very informative and appropriate 
Areas for improvement:
  • Working from photographs, by observational drawings are so much better and original
  • Slipping back into the fear of being neat when a piece of work has the pressure of being a 'final piece'
Another thing that we talked about was my approach to image making. We both took notice that my work is ten times more effective when it is drawn from observation, and or drawn with expressive, free moving gestures. Matt suggested that I try and approach my final pieces like a performance, imagining that I am on stage and have to create a visual piece for the audience (sort of), you get the gist. I can use this to practice and practice drawing the same subject until I feel happy with it, or get to a stage where I can have more authorship in the composition, i.e. choosing the most successful parts of each drawing and compiling them into a final piece. I am excited to try this! I will do so when I am 100% sure of what is actually going in my publication.

Final page ideas: Cheese museum? Bike Shop?







No comments:

Post a Comment